Up and coming Events
Over the coming few weeks, I will be making the following public/media appearances.
WEDNESDAY MARCH 27
ALL HOPPED UP (AND READY TO GO): Monthly music and talk show on WGXC Radio, 90.7 FM Greene and Columbia Counties, listen online at wgxc.org. 7-9:30pm.
Featured items each month include:
- Book Reviewed (a new music book dissected, with accompanying music)
- Childhood Classic (an authentic 7″ 45 from my childhood collection)
- Download Freebie (choice new music legally available online for free)
- Musical choices from the book All Hopped Up and Ready To Go: Music From The Streets of New York 1927-77
- Musical choices from The Greatest Ride of Our Lives, my road trip CD
- Smiths covers
- Satisfaction Guaranteed (a different cover of the Rolling Stones’ classic single each month)
SATURDAY APRIL 13
THESE CHARMING BANDS
Tony Fletcher will bring together the subjects of two of his biographies, R.E.M. and the Smiths, for a unique presentation that will look at the importance, the influence, the similarities, the differences, and most importantly, the legacies of the leading American and British alternative rock bands of the 1980s. With musical accompaniment by Robert Burke Warren. Free event. Olive Free Library, 4033 Rt 28-A West Shokan, NY 12494.
SUNDAY APRIL 14
TALKING WITH OUR MOUTHS FULL
An evening of Stories about Food by local writers. Featuring the musings of: Carrie Bradley Neves, Tony Fletcher, JD Louis, Jennifer Kabat, Jessie Koester, Bethany Saltman, Eric Steinman, and Kitty Sheehan. Peekamoose Restaurant and Tap Room, 8373 State Route 28, Big Indian, NY. Facebook event page.
WEDNESDAY MAY 22
AT LAST I AM BORN: A MORRISSEY BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
Featuring A live set by The Sons & Heirs, NYC’s tribute to The Smiths + Morrissey / DJ Matt Heart Spade / A Reading by Tony Fletcher / And a Smiths-inspired congregation of vegetarian food and fashion! The Bell House, Brooklyn, NY, 8PM. $10 advance tickets. 21 years and over